Library Terms & Conditions
1. Customer Checklist
- I/We understand that the use of The Gidley’s croupier is a requirement of hiring the Library.
- I/We understand that no one under the age of 18 is permitted in the venue.
- I/We understand that a 10% gratuity will be added to the total bill for all groups over eight people.
- I/We understand that outside food and drinks are not permitted in the venue.
- I/We have confirmed the number of guests attending.
- I/We have authorised a credit card to confirm this booking.
- I/We understand that there is a fee for the room hire and Croupier.
- I/We understand that smoking or vaping is not permitted inside the venue.
- I/We understand that the booking form must be submitted and confirmed by venue management before it takes effect.
- I/We understand that the credit card details are for securing the booking only and no deposit is taken unless the terms are breached.
- I/We understand that it is our responsibility as the cardholder and/or organiser of this booking to make it clear to our guests that the total bill cannot be split by more than 3 cards.
- I/We understand that The Gidley requires 24 hours’ notice for any dietary requirements for ourselves or our guests. Any additional items ordered outside of the set menu will be charged on top of the bill.
- The Gidley management reserves all rights with regard to refusing entry, behaviour, paraphernalia and intoxication for clientele.
2. Client Responsibilities
- This agreement takes effect when The Gidley management accepts a booking form. Prior to this, the booking will be considered tentative.
- The client will be responsible for any damage or extra cleaning required to the venue, The Gidley property, The Gidley’s guests, or its staff’s property caused by guests or their friends attending the booking.
- The client must assist in removing any intoxicated guests from the premises if requested to do so by management.
- I/We understand that the full amount for the booking/function must be paid in full on the day of the event, either by card or in cash. We do not accept cheques.
3. Cancellation Policy
- If you need to cancel your reservation, please notify us as soon as possible.
- Any cancellations must be emailed to email@example.com and receive confirmation before the cancellation takes effect.
- Cancellations made at least 14 days prior to the reserved date will receive a full refund of the deposit.
- Cancellations made within 14 days of the reserved date will result in the forfeiture of the deposit.
4. Changes to Reservation
- If you need to make changes to your reservation, please notify us as soon as possible.
- Changes made at least 14 days prior to the reserved date will be accommodated, subject to availability.
- Changes requested within 14 days of the reserved date may not be possible and are subject to the same cancellation policy outlined in Section 3.
- Hire prices are based on the food and beverage minimum spend quoted + 10% discretionary gratuity for exclusive hire of the room.
- The hours of availability for exclusive hire are between 12pm – 4:30pm for lunch and 6:00pm – 11:30pm for dinner.
- The final bill for the private dining room, including any additional services and applicable taxes, must be settled in full at the end of the event.
- We accept cash, credit/debit cards, and other forms of electronic payment as specified by the restaurant.
7. Damages and Liability
- The person making the reservation is responsible for any damages caused to the private dining room or any items within it.
- The restaurant reserves the right to charge the cost of repairing or replacing any damaged property.
- The restaurant will not be held liable for any loss, theft, or damage to personal belongings brought into the private dining room.
8. Venue rights
- In the unlikely event that we need to make changes to or cancel your reservation, we will notify you as soon as possible and offer suitable alternatives. If no alternative arrangements can be agreed upon, any deposit or payments made will be fully refunded.
- The Gidley reserves the right to have any patron removed from the premises due to behaving in an irresponsible manner in the management’s opinion.
- The Gidley will take all care but assume no responsibility for the loss or damage to any property belonging to the client or their guests.
- Due to seasonal availability and demand, certain menu and drinks list items and prices may be subject to change without notice.
9. Privacy and Data Protection
- We respect your privacy and will handle any personal information provided in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
10. Covid Safe
- The Gidley always follows government guidelines. Refer to the NSW Health website for the most up to date information in regards to regulations for hospitality venues.